Although the following links are not affiliated with AWHONN, they contain information that may be helpful to our Minnesota Section members. AWHONN and AWHONN MN Section are not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
- Breastfeeding Conferences - The one-stop site for health care professionals to access nationwide breastfeeding education opportunities
- Lactation Consultant Exam - Information regarding certification, recertification, or continuing education
- March of Dimes Perinatal Nursing Education - Perinatal educational opportunities
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition - Working collaboratively to create an environment in Minnesota where breastfeeding is recognized and supported as vital to the health and development of children and families.
- Minnesota Perinatal Organization - Provides up-to-date information on perinatal care practices, services and technical advancements and a great opportunity to network with professionals from the region
- Minnesota Prematurity Coalition - A public interest group dedicated to reducing premature birth and advocating for infants born prematurely and their families.
- Preeclampsia Foundation - The Preeclampsia Foundation is an empowered community of patients and experts, with a diverse array of resources and support to help you have the best possible pregnancy or to help you navigate the questions you'll have if you don't.
- Silence Kills - Seven Critical Conversations for Healthcare
- Stillbirth Tax Credit - As of January 1, 2016, there is a new law in Minnesota that provides a one-time, $2,000 tax credit to families experiencing a stillbirth after 20 weeks gestation.
- University of Minnesota Deborah E. Powell Center for Women's Health - The Deborah E. Powell Center for Women's Health, A National Center of Excellence, is focused on promoting, facilitating and disseminating research on women's health.
Upcoming Educational Events
Opitmal Outcomes in Women's Health Conference - November 2, 2018
Hosted by American College of Nurse Midwives-Minnesota Affiliate
This in an interprofessional conference for all stakeholders in maternity care with a focus on innovative, evidence-based practice to improve outcomes for women, newborns, and families. More info