Although the following links are not affiliated with AWHONN, they contain information that may be helpful to our Minnesota Section members. AWHONN and AWHONN MN Section are not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
- Breastfeeding Conferences - The one-stop site for health care professionals to access nationwide breastfeeding education opportunities
- California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative (CQMCC) - A multi-stakeholder organization committed to ending preventable morbidity, mortality and racial disparities in California maternity care. CMQCC uses research, quality improvement toolkits, state-wide outreach collaboratives and its innovative Maternal Data Center to improve health outcomes for mothers and infants.
- Council on Patient Safety in Women's Health Care - Mission: Continually improve patient safety in women's health through multidisciplinary collaboration that drives culture change. Vision: Safe health care for every woman
- COVID-19 Updates - MNPQC has aggregated the following resources regarding COVID-19 to help hospitals, healthcare workers, and allied professionals respond to the situation as it unfolds.
- Lactation Consultant Exam - Information regarding certification, recertification, or continuing education
- March of Dimes Perinatal Nursing Education - Perinatal education opportunities
- Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition - Working collaboratively to create an environment in Minnesota where breastfeeding is recognized and supported as vital to the health and development of children and families.
- Minnesota Hospital Association Perinatal Quality Improvement - Many women do not experience complications during childbirth, but labor and delivery present risks for both mother and infant. Adverse obstetrical events can cause severe harm. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), obstetrical adverse events happen during approximately 9 percent of all U.S. deliveries. These include perineal tears, hemorrhaging or even death for the mother; injuries to the skeleton or spinal cord of the infant; and some neonatal intensive care unit admissions. The Perinatal Roadmap is available from this link.
- Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies - Our mission is to improve infant health outcomes by ensuring that medically vulnerable babies, in Minnesota and the Upper Midwest, have access to safely pasteurized life-giving human donor milk when mother's milk is unavailable or in low supply.
- Minnesota Perinatal Organization - Provides up-to-date information on perinatal care practices, services and technical advancements and a great opportunity to network with professionals from the region
- Minnesota Perinatal Quality Collaborative (MNPQC) - Seeks to improve maternal and infant health outcomes with emphasis on racial and ethnic health inequities. Current initiatives include Preterm Birth Reduction, Treatment of Hypertension in Pregnancy and the Postpartum Period, and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.
- Preeclampsia Foundation - The Preeclampsia Foundation is an empowered community of patients and experts, with a diverse array of resources and support to help you have the best possible pregnancy or to help you navigate the questions you'll have if you don't.
- Silence Kills - Seven Critical Conversations for Healthcare
- Stillbirth Tax Credit - As of January 1, 2016, there is a new law in Minnesota that provides a one-time, $2,000 tax credit to families experiencing a stillbirth after 20 weeks gestation.
- University of Minnesota Deborah E. Powell Center for Women's Health - The Deborah E. Powell Center for Women's Health, A National Center of Excellence, is focused on promoting, facilitating and disseminating research on women's health.