2021 Conference Sponsor: Star Legacy Foundation
The Star Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to reducing pregnancy loss and neonatal death and improving care for families who experience such tragedies. We are a community of families, health professionals, researchers, policy makers, and individuals dedicated to helping every pregnancy have a happy ending.
To increase awareness, support research, promote education, and encourage advocacy and family support regarding stillbirth, pregnancy loss, and neonatal death.
We believe there is great hope for the future to prevent many stillbirths and neonatal deaths in the United States and around the world. We envision that through the utilization of technology, education, grassroots efforts, and partnership, we can empower families and health professionals to identify and protect vulnerable babies.
Star Legacy Foundation conducts numerous activities in the areas of awareness, research, education, advocacy and family support.
- The Stillbirth Summit is held every other year and brings together the most passionate researchers, health professionals and families to discuss current research and preention efforts. The next Summit will be held virtually on June 23 & 24, 2021. With the generous support from a donor, this year the Summit will be completely free to attend by all participants. There is a nominal fee for those health professionals desiring continuing education credits. Learn more at https://starlegacyfoundation.org/stillbirth-summit-2021/.
- Star Legacy Foundation provides free patient education materials for prenatal care for safer pregnancies as well as bereavement materials for unfortunate families. Download a catalog here.
- Star Legacy Foundation provides health professional education both onsite (as allowed) and online on a variety of topics. Learn more. All educational activities are free to very inexpensively priced.
- Star Legacy Foundation conducts the only comprehensive pregnancy research registry. This registry will provide a database of pregnancy cases (both with successful and poor outcomes) that researcher can access to support their individual research initiatives. Learn more
- Star Legacy Foundation advocates on behalf of families to support pregnancy, pregnancy loss and parenting initiatives. Included in our work are initiatives on a federal and nationwide state basis:
- Family Medical Leave Act benefits
- Insurance coverage for fetal autopsies
- Tax relief
- Standardized protocols for evaluating and documenting stillbirths
- Standardized care after a stillbirth
- Improved research on stillbirth risk identification and management
Star Legacy Foundation is proud to advocate for policies and legislation that support families who have experienced perinatal loss and will help us learn more about preventing these deaths.